A recent report from SAP and Oxford Economics, titled “The Cloud Grows Up,” details important trends in how cloud computing is transforming business.
In a late 2014 survey with 200 senior business and IT executives around the world, the report reveals that organizations have become much more cloud-savvy in the past two years.
“Widespread enthusiasm about the cloud’s far-reaching impact is strong, with companies continuing to invest in the cloud in order to capitalize on the opportunities it brings — and many already reaping quantifiable benefits as the cloud becomes the primary platform for business,” the study notes.
Here are five takeaways from the report:
- 55% of those surveyed believe the adoption of the cloud with create new business models in the next three years.
- 58% of business owners in the study believe cloud services will contribute to top-line growth in three years.
- 57% believe the impact of cloud on businesses will lead to increased agility and responsiveness to customers in the next three years.
- 38% of business owners say cloud services are currently helping their companies in geographic expansion.
- 58% say collaboration among employees will improve in the next three years.
Most important, discern the right solution for your organization by downloading our white paper, “How to Choose the Right Combination of Cloud, Managed Services and Equipment for Your Business.”