FortiClient Host Security
Personal computer (PC) desktop and laptop devices have empowered today’s business users with the capability to access enterprise applications and mission critical data both in the office and on the road. The proliferation of highly mobile smartphone devices that use open operating systems (OS) promise even greater access to enterprise applications and mission critical data. Unfortunately, all devices are exposed to blended threats such as viruses, spam, spyware and worms. As well users accessing inappropriate and dangerous web content jeopardize device integrity, negatively impact productivity and violate corporate content access guidelines. While point product security agent technology, such as antivirus agents, are available to protect devices from certain threats, such methods fall short from comprehensively protecting against blended threats and do not enforce content access guidelines.
FortiClient PC™ and FortiClient Mobile™ provide unified security agent features for personal computers and smartphones including Personal Firewall, IPSec VPN, antivirus, antispyware, antispam and web content filtering. FortiClient’s protection agent is powered by FortiGuard security subscription services to ensure devices are comprehensibly protected against today’s blended threats. FortiClient light-weight unified software agents are available for Microsoft® Windows XP™, Microsoft Vista™, Windows Mobile™ and Symbian™ operating systems.
FortiClient PC & FortiClient Mobile
- Antivirus & Antispyware – Provides comprehensive protection against viruses, spyware, keyloggers, trojans, adware and greyware for Windows-based laptops desktops and smartphones. Symbian OS based smartphone support is also available.
- Secure IPsec VPN – Empowers Windows based mobile laptops, desktops and smartphones with the capability to access enterprise applications securely with DES / 3DES encryption.
- Powerful Personal Firewall – Monitors network traffic and enforces the appropriate application access control on Windows based laptops, desktops, smartphones and Symbian-based smartphones.
- Advanced Antispam – Powerful antispam protection that seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Outlook for Windows based personal computers and SMS antispam for Windows and Symbian-based mobile smart phones.
- Web Content Filtering – Provides real-time web content access enforcement to ensure compliance is available for Windows-based laptops and desktops