In our current world of remote workforce, tools like Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting and Zoom Meetings are all the buzz for online meetings. From privacy issues to discovered vulnerabilities Zoom has found themselves among the headlines lately. In recent weeks, two zero day critical vulnerabilities were discovered for the Zoom client which could give local, unprivileged attackers root privileges, and allow them to access victim’s microphone and camera. As of Thursday, April 2nd Zoom released updates to address these vulnerabilities.
How did you deploy these patches to protect your remote workforce?
How we protected our customers:
Once our support department learned of the Zoom vulnerability announcement they began tracking the impact and patch availability to address these. On Thursday, April 2nd, 2020 when patches were released our support staff jumped into action. Scripts were created and deployment testing began. Once testing was deemed a success the scripts to apply the necessary patches were made available to all subscribed customers through their management console. Due to the security risks involved with the current remote workforce our support staff initiated patching of all protected endpoints. Numerous businesses and thousands of endpoints were on the road to being protected within hours. No matter where the client device was located the I3Assist toolset was pushing patches to secure the online meeting client platform without user interruption.
I3Assist is the SAAS toolset that Innovative Integration Inc. utilizes to help our customers with desktop and server management. See the quick reference below or the I3Assist data sheet for how this toolset can help your business manage, support, and secure your remote workforce.
BETTER IT MANAGEMENT = BETTER ROI
Manage systems, support clients, and stop problems before they happen through a single dashboard.
Better IT services and oversight with less effort. I3Assist enables you to automate IT processes, enhance visibility, and improve service levels from a single pane of glass.
- Monitoring & Alerts – Discover and control critical items in your infrastructure through powerful monitors and scripts.
- Remote Control – Manage workstations, servers, routers, printers, and other network devices from anywhere and without interruptions.
- Mobile Device Management – Control Apple iOS and Android mobile devices with easy and secure enrollment, configuration, monitoring, and reporting.
- Manage IT Assets – Compile data, audit and manage workstations, servers, printers, routers, and mobile devices.
- Backup Critical Configurations – Automatic backup of critical configurations ensures they remain secure, despite worst-case scenario mishaps.
- Automate Patches & Updates – Identify, approve, update, or ignore patches and hotfixes for operating systems, Office, and select productivity apps – whether it be one or multiple devices.
- Reduce Antivirus Overhead – Manage antivirus infrastructure from a single pane of glass for added control and visibility.
- Continuous Health & Security Checkups – Regular tests and proactive recommendations for business infrastructure applications.
Click Here to select a convenient appointment time with one of our Business Relationship Managers to learn more about how Innovative Integration and I3Assist can help you manage, support and secure your workforce.